Hey Y'all! (you like that? I'm getting back to my Southern roots!)
'Lil update needed... No, I'm NOT working 7 days a week! I guess that just rolls off my tongue (or rather finger tips) to say something is 24/7 and it just kinda flowed into my last blog! lol. No, I'm working a normal Monday - Friday job, but I have been putting in a few extra hours with the PWC and SOX audits. Things finally slowed down this week though. I didn't really do ANYthing Friday...I was just "worked out." So I left early to enjoy my weekend!
Secondly, I just realized why I hadn't had any posts on my blog lately. I was kinda wondering why no one felt like leaving comments...? Man--do I feel silly! I forgot that I had put a "screen" on my comments, which requires that I check them before they appear on my blog! So I had like 18 comments waiting to be approved! Ha ha! Thanks, guys, for all your comments over the last couple of months! ; )
Also, I think I forgot to mention in my last blog that we're not moving into our house until next June. The owners of the house are in the middle of building their own house, so they wanted to stay a little longer before moving out. They will pay us rent once we start paying on our mortgage (which will probably start in January.)
Anyway, that gives us lots of time to go furniture hunting-- which we desperately need to do!!! We currently own one big bookshelf, and two fancy TV dinner tables! LOL! (The church apartment we've been staying in was already furnished.) GOOD THING there's IKEA (pronounced ee-kay-a, Matt!)! (For those of you States-side, if you haven't experienced that amazing store yet, you're missing out. I've heard it's in a lot of the big cities now, though. It's like an H&M but for houses! Yeah, yeah...another great European store! Oh well!) We've also been recently introduced to "kringloop winkles" too, which are like Goodwill stores but with furniture! They have huge wardrobes for like ten EUR! Very fun.
I'm so excited about our new house. It's gonna feel like a mansion compared to what we've been living in (nothing more than a dormroom, basically!) We feel really blessed with this house! And we're really looking forward to having a place for all of you to stay when you come to visit! ; )
15 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We havent talked in a while and that makes me sad... call me!
you're coming home HOORAY!
Hey!!!
I am so terrifically excited for you! I've been so busy lately that I dont think I've checked your blog once this semester. but I'm really glad I did now. I'd heard that you had bought a house, and I was already excited about it, but now that I've read about it and seen pictures, I'm super excited to come see it with my own eyes and help you move into it in June!!
I love and miss you!!
Randa
Post a Comment