07 October 2006

So much to say... so little time!

Yes, it's definitely been a while! I been so busy, I've totally neglected my blog. =( But I guess it's the sacrifice of bringing home a monthly paycheck!!

So yeah, I'm a full-time working woman now. I've been working for Johnson Controls since July 31st, and I'm really enjoying it. I was kinda worried that I couldn't handle working 8 hours a day 7 days a week, but my days go by so fast, I don't even notice it! I'm currently working as a team member of the UK General Ledger department. Basically, I'm doing a lot of administrative and basic accounting stuff. I get to write big cheques (notice the British spelling!) in Pounds and Pences. lol! I'm also becoming a pro at Excel. Mostly what I do all day is reconcile acounts and try to figure out why the numbers don't match up sometimes. It's often a big messy puzzle-- in other words, a good challenge!

Next line of business...


We bought a HOUSE!!!
Yes, and now we're saddled with a 30 year morgage. Does that make us adults now? =) The house is practically everything we were looking for! It's an old, semi-farm house from around the 1920's (we think...) and it's been completely renovated, including the roof and facade. There are three bedrooms, a small office/sewing room, a regular office, one bathroom, living room, dining room, big kitchen, utility room (that has an additional shower--weird, eh?), and outside is a huge two car garage/workshop. All that's on the ground floor. Upstairs is a gigantic attic where several more rooms could be added. The backyard is very inviting! And there's a shed at the back that acts as a "gate" to the field beyond the backyard. It's completely livable now, but has so much potential for new ideas and upgrades.

Here's some pics to get an idea... More are posted on my Flickr site (see thumbnails to the right --->)

(below:) It's so wide, that I couldn't get it all in one photo! I'll have to make a panorama later...



Dennis is really excited about this double garage! What you can't see is that to the left, there is a whole other section that is a workshop area. He's already dreaming up projects...! If you look really closely, you can make out the shed with the red door at the back of this picture. On the other side is our field (which is currently inhabited by a herd of chickens and goats!)

The patio is so inviting! I wish I had a picture of the view out onto the patio from the kitchen... it's really charming.

The living room... (okay, you have to imagine it without all the knick-nacks and doilies and flower-dy curtains!)


This is looking across the dinning room area and into the living room. The room is a lot lighter than it looks. The kitchen... which is large enough to be a second dinning room almost!

Check out Flicker for pictures of the attic and celler along with a few more. I would have uploaded them all, but I reached my uploading limit for the month, according to the website. =( So...to be continued until next month! ; )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house looks great. We are so happy for you.

luvyaguys, carol

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-xxx-
Nadine

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new house. It is beautiful. Love you.

Anonymous said...

a HUGE Congrats on the house Amanda! I haven't said how much i miss you lately, so... I MISS YOU! there you go... way more than I miss you though, i love you! we need to catch up, k? i want to share with you.