Summer RAIN ...Well, it finally feels like summer is here! I got caught in a sudden thunderstorm last week. It was such an incredibly sunny, warm day that everyone was making plans to meet friends out on a terrace for a drink or to barbeque. But as I was leaving school and walking towards the train station, I could tell it was going to storm. I could smell it in the air and feel the wind picking up around me. In the distance, dark clouds were rolling in. If I had been in Alabama, I would have expected tornado weather!
Before I left Gent for the day, I wanted to see how our LST team was doing, so I was in a bit of a dilemma. Should I play it safe and head straight to the station? Or go see the LST girls and chance getting stuck there for a while because of the storm? Well, I decided to chance it and go see the girls.
I made it to their place just in time, but the door was locked! I found out later that they were down the street getting dinner. Anyway, 60 seconds after I left the clouds broke loose and in another 60 seconds I was drenched! The rain was being blown around in sheets and before I made it to the station, there was hail too! Believe it or not, in the midst of all this, I was smiling! Yes, I was drenched...yes, I had a hour ride before I would get home, but at least it was warm rain...and I really miss a good thunderstorm! So I enjoyed myself!! =) (But I did still run the rest of the way to the station and enjoyed the storm from a dryer spot!)
LST ...I guess I should explain what and who our LST team is! "Let's Start Talking" is a worldwide mission program that builds relationships through teaching English. The reading material for the lessons comes from the book of Luke, which is the basis for great conversation and questions. Then, if one of the readers is interested, they are invited to church and to study the Bible further. This summer, we have our first LST team in Gent! It's actually made up of two teams--the first one is two girls, Jessica and Kristy, who are staying for three weeks, and then a second group of two girls and one guy will arrive and stay six more weeks. We're really excited that they're here to help us this summer! The first week has gone great, and we're hoping to have one of the students at church this coming Sunday. Please keep this ministry in your prayers, and pray that we will be able to follow up well will all the contacts that are made!
19 May 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I wish i was there to share a storm with you panda. love you dearly my sweet, passionate friend.
Post a Comment