My morning began with a trip to Brussels--that big dirty city which boasts the HQ of the European Union and the United Nations. I've never really been fond of Brussels because it's so huge and spread out. Plus, there's so much French spoken there, and so few English and Dutch--so needless to say, it's a bit intimidating. I've been twice in the last week, however, and it's starting to grow on me.
This morning, my boss and my colleague (Charly) and I met with Carlson Marketing to discuss a possible partnership between us and one of their clients. Their office wasn't in a typical office building--no, it was set back in a beautiful upscale neighborhood surrounded by trees and ponds and croaking frogs! lol The meeting went well, and my boss offered me a ride back to Antwerp, so I didn't have to take the train.
When I got home, there were two furry, little critters waiting for me!! Dennis and I are now the proud owners of two Degus! One of the American families at church (the Mabes) are having to move back to the States and could not take the degus with them, so we adopted them. Degus were originally thought to be some kind of squirrel, but now are supposed to be in the same family as chinchillas--however, some researchers think they may not be rodents at all, but closer to the rabbit family.

They're such funny, curious little things! And since their social creatures by nature, they enjoy being held and played with. Unlike most other critters, they have the ability to recognize and bond with people. Right now, though, ours are a little skittish since they're out of their normal surrounding. Hopefully I can get some pictures of ours on my blog before too long! (the other pics are random ones I found on the internet.)

The last exciting news is that I have an interview with UPS! It's for the newer position that was presented to me by them--Planning and Communication Specialist. I would be working in the district marketing department, rather than the European-wide department of the other position. But I wouldn't mind that, since it's still in Marketing. It would give me the change to get my foot in the door and build up some experience while I'm still working on my Dutch. So keep me in your prayers next Tuesday morning. Thanks!

1 comment:
Dad wants to know if Dennis has taught the Degus how to fetch a tennis ball yet. He hasn't had much luck with Lucy.
Post a Comment